HJF Strategic Plan
The concept of what a library is and does has changed rapidly with the disruption of new technology and methods for locating, creating and communicating information and knowledge. It is vital that libraries acknowledge these recent changes as well as the fact that the future will continue to change rapidly. Our new mission statement, guiding principles and focus areas will guide us in creating a valuable experience that supports our local community with unique services while allowing us to maintain flexibility so we can adapt our services on a moment's notice as technology, information and higher education evolve.
The mission of the HJF Library is to enhance the educational experience and promote a desire for lifelong learning through the facilitation and support of knowledge creation, collaboration and discovery.
- Create a unified HJF experience
- Build a culture of learning, collaboration, and innovation
- Form campus and community partnerships
Focus 01: Internal Operations
Purpose: To refocus and evolve internally to address new concepts, policies and trends in libraries, higher education and technology which allows the library to become a more flexible and adaptive organization over time.
- Evaluate annual expenditures
- Refocus collection development
- Revise, create, and adapt general policies & guidelines
- Evaluate and revise job duties & responsibilities
- Plan and implement an archival/repository program
Focus 02: Reference & Instruction
Purpose: To develop a focused instruction program that will offer our services and expertise to the campus community and promote professionalism, lifelong learning and digital literacy.
- Create a new instruction program
- Adopt the ICT Digital Literacy Standards
- Revise and improve reference services